Monday, January 16, 2012

Got my thinking cap on!

I have been tossing up ideas for my own business since starting my PT course just before Christmas, I haven't put a lot of thought into it until today....
Been thinking about ways I can start my PT business without a huge layout of funds, how I would run a session, session lengths and costs etc and now thinking its time to do research and look into a business management course, due to getting a lot of interest from friends and Facebook and even my own mum who is out on an injury is asking for my help :)
So its time to get serious and not only finish my certificates but also to come up with a viable business plan and name!
I really think I have a lot to offer, after years of trying every diet, shake and pill known to give so called quick results and also many hours slogging away in the gym and getting no where fast! I also know how hard it is to look in the mirror each morning and how hard it is to stop those nagging thoughts of disgust, when I was turned away from gyms and personal trainers saw me as high risk due to being morbidly obese. When I did finally got the courage to go to the gym and get help from a PT she turned around and told me that I was better off following my own program because it was far better than any she would write for me! Losing weight is a tough journey, if it weren't lets face it we would all be healthy and obesity would be not be of concern and there would no longer be deaths due to obesity!
When I look back on my exercise/diet history I no longer see it as failed attempts, I now see it as a learning experience because without all that crap I wouldn't be in the position I am in now, surrounded by amazing inspirational, supportive people and I wouldn't have the drive and determination to be the person I am today.
So now to think about how I can put it all together into a business *insert happy dance here*
Keep smiling and train HARD :)

4 comments:

  1. Em that is fantastic news, I wish you continued success with everything you do.
    As for a business name why don't you use Emma Peace Personal Training. It is a great way to get your name out there.

    Lorraine xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lorraine, I am totally taking your advice and running with it :) Will let you know what I've chosen when I have my business name registered....
    So exciting :)
    Thank you so much for your continued support and imput Lorraine it means so much to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em thank you for being you. I'm glad I was of some help in a little way. I just thought by using your own name for a business, it would be a great idea to get your name out there.
    Em even though I'm living so far away from you I will still continue to support you in achieving your dreams. I'm so happy to know you are blogging again.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so right there Lorraine, it will definately get my name out there :)
    Your a wonderful support! And I am loving blogging again and sharing pieces of my life again :)

    ReplyDelete