Friday, January 13, 2012

The inner fat chick

I have gone from squeezing into a size 26 to a size 14 yet I still cannot shake the thinking that I am still 'fat'.

I do not weigh myself compulsively so its not the numbers, in fact numbers on both the scales and measuring tape are going down nicely at every 4 week fitness test. It is more the way I think and feel when I see myself in certain clothing, it is purely a mental state of mind and I know for a fact that this state of mind plagues many individuals losing weight!

So what do I do?

Firstly I try and take note of my inner dialogue, so the things that I say to myself on a regular basis 'I'm to fat to do that, I look fat in that dress, I cant do that I'm to fat/big/unfit....' then try to counteract this negative inner dialogue with something positive and as I slowly start to fight myself the easier it gets.

Secondly I get dress up, get all prettied up and take some photos next find the photo of myself at my heaviest and put the new photo next to it and see the differences, see even though my friends and family are telling me how great I look until I compare those photos and see the changes for myself I don't believe it.

Thirdly I go out and treat myself to a day out on the town, get dressed up, go shopping, go for a coffee, go get a hair cut or an eyebrow wax, get a tan or get my nails done and for one whole day just think about ME, what I have done, how far I have come and be proud of MYSELF, right in that moment nothing else matters!

Its not easy to lose weight, its not going to happen over night and a lot more will change than just your dress size and its not always going to be a fun journey but I think that this journey is the most worthwhile journey I have been on since becoming a mum, it is both rewarding and educational I am now fitter, stronger and more driven and I know that this is just the beginning :)

Keep smiling and train HARD :)

2 comments:

  1. Em you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You have come a long way since you started this journey, you are looking pretty hot young lady. AND most of all that stage is not too far off in the distance.

    Lorraine xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gorgeous, i am going to keep slogging at it and loving it :)
    Hope your having an awesome relaxing weekend hun xxx

    ReplyDelete