Yup you so read right I have had two consecutive days off from training! Go me
I feel so good as well, it really was what my body needed.
I got a few more assessments back from my course provided AIPT yesterday, so over the moon as I have passed them all :) I am so excited the end is getting closer and closer!
So lets talk food, I love food hehe but food doesn't always love me :( oh so sad but then I have to think to myself whats more important to me.... Being able to anything I want for that moment of pleasure followed by the moment of complete body hate or that feeling of 'boo hiss' I want cake followed by GOD DAMN I have a ribcage under there hehe
So these are some simple changes I made under the guidance of my awesome team:
# Eliminate bread
# Substitute pasta with basmati rice
# Add in lots more colourful veggies
# Add in more lean cuts of meat my fave is chicken and fish
# Cut out cappuccinos
# Cut out most take aways, convenience foods, lollies and potato chips
# Add in one cheat meal on a Sunday preferably during the day
# Drink lots of water
# and last but not least make sure I am eating 6 small meals a day (usually every 3 hours)
Now I am by no means perfect and I make stuff ups here and there, but you know what its not about the mistake its about how you you recover from the mistake that makes the difference!
Preparation is key to any success story:
* Plan ahead, if you know your going to be away from the house for a meal then take your meal with you have it all ready to go in the fridge so that all you need to do is put it into your insulated bag and put it by the door with your handbag or manbag for you guys that are reading hehe
* Do a big cook up on a lazy weekend like today, then when the week gets hectic you can just pull a meal out of the freezer and heat
* Eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming when you are a savvy shopper you can by steam fresh veggies and salmon (just remember if your getting a marinated peace of fish to read the label don't want anything too salty or added fat) bang them in the microwave and BAM there is your meal! sometimes you will find that is healthier than fresh veggies cause you never know how long the fresh veg has been sitting around at the supermarket where as frozen veg is snap frozen as soon as its picked fresh.
* I always pack extra, even when I think I am going to miss one meal I will pack two just in case!
* Always have a bottle of water with you, AWA now sell 2 liter water bottles a great way to know how much water your consuming while your out :)
I find the more prepared I am the less likely I am to eat off plan or worse miss a meal!
Hope your all having a wonderful lazy Sunday.
Keep smiling and train HARD peeps :)