Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can't keep this girl down for long!

Last night I was rocked by a private message I got through Facebook from a so called friend, long message short (And censored) he was telling me that the photos I post on Facebook for motivation are gross and very unattractive and if I were to look like that I would be disgustingly unattractive and no man would want to be with me!

To say I was gutted was an understatement, I think my heart was shattered!

I decided to put up a status (which I have done before) saying that if you do not appreciate what I am posting then delete me cause negative comments will not be tolerated. I saw my friends list get a little smaller and then I did some culling of my own hehe. I really don't understand why people feel the need to share their negative and sometimes down right hurtful comments with me and my supporters???

I also don't understand why people cannot look past the muscle and see the hard work and dedication that the individual ladies in the photos put in, I don't understand why people have to be so judgemental, half the time the people commenting have no idea what it takes to be a bodybuilder at the kind of level that the ladies in the photos have to put in or maybe its just because they are afraid that a girl can do something they cannot?

I understand that what I am doing is not for everyone, I especially know that for some people it is hard to comprehend why I want to do what I do. But I also know what it takes to just get fit and healthy because that's what I am doing right now, I would never put a person down knowing full well how hard the journey to weightloss is let alone someone who is trying their hardest to get on to the bodybuilding stage, come on do you really wanna mess with someone that's carb depleting hehe that could mean death and it would be a quick one that's for sure!

I can laugh about it all now while concocting some awesome mental images of what would happen to the poor bugger if he were to cross my path when I was in comp prep hehe but its only thanks to my wonderful friends and supporters on facebook that I can laugh about it, I hate to admit it but I was second guessing my goals last night....But not for long... The bitch is back and ready to show the haters out their that I am doing what they cant!

Anyway I better dash I have a hungry little boy that just may eat the couch hehe

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps :)

P.S
Thanks heaps I love you all X

1 comment:

  1. I've spoken about this same thing many times. Sadly, there are an awful lot of mannerless people broadcasting their (usually ignorant) opinions on the internet.

    Can they not SEE that their opinion isn't the only one? Or that their comments might be hurtful to the person they're addressed to? Good thing stupidity isn't contagious.

    ReplyDelete