Friday, May 11, 2012

The weekend is here :)

I love weekends (who doesn't) it means I can sleep in and not have to be anywhere at any particular time, the weekend is my time to catch up on housework, time with my family and time for myself.

This weekend I am planning some quality family time with my gorgeous kiddies and my mum and sister to celebrate mothers day and also catching up on the washing and rearranging my kitchen cupboards....Its funny but rearranging my kitchen cupboards excites me hehe :)

If you have been following my blog then you will have read some of the ups and downs that I have experienced so far, I don't like being negative so try very hard to make my post upbeat.... But I also want to make sure that my posts are real! So this morning I want to talk about some negative experiences that I have been going through lately and how I have been handling them.....

My weight loss is now apparent to all those that see me on a regular basis, the lovely comments are flowing in but with the good come the bad! Just recently comments such as you look drawn and tired are you OK or wow your fading away I hope your not going to lose anymore have been made to me, these remarks are hurtful to say the least! I go home and look at myself in the mirror and I can honestly say I don't see what they see, in fact I don't think I have ever looked this GOOD, my face is bright and pimple free, my eyes have that cheeky sparkly and my body is coming in nicely OK there are stretch marks and my tummy is well under construction hehe but come on people I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life! Some very close people to me know that I have been fighting a battle with my health, but even they can't get over how good I am looking :) (I am so lucky to have these wonderful people in my corner!)

Upon reflection I don't understand why these people think its OK to make remarks like that? My mummy taught me that if I didn't have something nice to say then don't say a thing! I don't think people really understand how weight loss works, you cant just target or spot fat loss its simply not possible, so to lose weight/fat you need to focus on what you eat and exercise both resistance and cardio and these three things combined will see you losing fat all over unfortunately you wont lose is evenly and you body does have to play catch up and redistribute fat stores so you will look un-proportioned before you look sexy and bikini ready, but its all part of the journey and I know I am loving seeing the changes in my body, I recently discovered I have a butt hehe

My tummy does upset me a little though, my arms are looking toned and my legs and butt are too and my boobs and waist are looking tight but my tummy is just so slow! Most days I am fine cause I know soon it will come in and I will soon have that flat tummy I have always wanted but when you get remarks like the ones above it does make you question yourself and what your doing.... But I just keep reminding myself that it's all part of the journey and I know that I will get that flat tummy because not only am I working consistently hard I am already seeing awesome changes! I just have to be patient, not my strong point :P But I also have to remember that people simply don't understand the processes and also there are people out there that just don't have what it takes to start the journey let alone finish it so in their own failure they try to bring down those that are succeeding, DON'T let these people get you down!

Find people that will be honest with you but not in a way that will bring you down! My coach was so wonderful yesterday, it was weight in day and my weight hadn't changed another blow for me but he reminded me that not only had I not gone back there was room for me to make changes to keep working at it, this is not the end this is just a speed bump :) So when your feeling like you've hit a wall or that you just cant handle the negative comment anymore go find that support person have a good 'bitch' and walk away knowing your doing the right thing for you!

Right now is the time to get out there and do whatever it takes!

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment