Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Abs of steel....

Well OK nearly haha

Here is an update on my transformation:


I can see some changes coming in to the abs an obliques, I am pretty damn excited to see these small changes because I have felt like I have been at an utter stand still for months now! Today while training I also notices that my Lats and Traps where popping out, all those heavy shoulder presses with dumbbells are paying off :)

I have to admit I have been thinking that I have bitten off more than I can chew lately, my  new program is totally kicking my arse I have been suffering from DOMS for 10 days straight! Its been messing with my head making me think I am just not cut out for this stuff, that maybe I am just meant to be this shape and that I should just be happy now that I am fit and healthy (my original goal for myself) but then after seeing this pic and myself training in the gym today I have decided that those thoughts are coming from my inner fat chick and as far as I am concerned she can jam those words up her....nose hehe

I have come to the realisation that its about focusing on one day at a time, one workout at a time :)

So my new program was developed for me by my wonderful coach, it has me hitting the gym on my own 3 times a week lifting heavy for 3 sets of 8-12 reps. It works my entire body and its all about stimulating new muscle growth! I am into my second week of the new program and mixing that with my 2 Perfit sessions a week I have to say I am finding that its hard work, but in a good way, my body is fit and strong but now I am challenging it, making myself workout outside my comfort zones so of course its going to hurt and feel TOUGH! I have to dig deep and know that what I am doing is going to help me to get my body ready for stage :)

There is nothing more frustrating than not seeing results from your hard work, but there is always an answer and the answer to my plateau is that my head isn't in the right place..... I know what I want and how to get it and I am doing what needs to be done but.... I think that I am so focused on losing weight that I am not enjoying it, its not making me happy and if I am not happy then whats the point? So I am going to have a brain storm on how I can make my goals fun again and make myself happy! I know I am on the right path and that this goal is what I want more than anything in the world so now to come up with a way to enjoy it :)

On other things.... I am nearly at the end of my year off uni and thinking I should put some thought into what I should do next, so either go back to my double degree in law and psychology or if I should do a business management course so that I'm in a better position to run my business, I have to admit I don't miss the whole deadlines and reading of thousands and thousands of jargon filled papers on law hehe but I do miss psychology, so the though had crossed my mind to do sports psychology but that requires alot more uni time...... The great thing is that I have nothing but opportunities so its a matter of picking a door and opening it :)

Oh I also got to go to my daughters little athletics day boy oh boy was that fun to watch although at times rather scary, it was raining really heavy so the track was slippery so there were a few spills that made me gasp! But one that really had me worried was when a girl slipped and then went sliding for 2 meters down the track, the first aid officer left nothing to be desired that's for sure but luckily it was just a graze.

Time to go and wrangle my kiddies in to their beds, wish me luck hehe

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps X

No comments:

Post a Comment