Sunday, October 21, 2012

Follow the yellow brick road....

My yellow brick road has always been my goals, but lately I haven't been tackling my goals with my usual fire....

I have relied so heavily on outside advice that I have become a bit lazy with thinking for myself, life being so hectic makes outside help a must but it isn't an excuse for me to stop thinking for myself, it also mean that I am not really doing it for myself, I am not owning it..... if I am just doing as I am told and going through the motions how can I feel attached/fulfillment when I am not wholly responsible?

Yesterday after the men's group fitness class I got chatting to an older fellow that well I must admit I just thought he was old and cranky but he has an EPIC physique on him! Anyway my opinions of him changed after we chatted (that good old saying mum used to drill into me is right 'you cant judge a book by its cover') this man really knows his stuff, he isn't a bodybuilder he is just training for a long life.... he said to me that maybe I should stop focusing on getting skinny because maybe I am just not meant to be skinny, my first initial reaction was f#$&k you but now that I have had time to think about it he has got a point, I really haven't enjoyed being me, I have been so focused on what I should and shouldn't eat, what exercise I should and shouldn't do....I haven't actually taken the time out to enjoy the fact that I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been, the scales are at an all time low and the cm have melted off me.....

So the moral of the story is to make sure you own your journey and make sure you enjoy!

So I am going to start taking back control, there are going to be some decisions to make and some changes put into action..... Stay tuned peeps :)

So one way I am going to start enjoying the new me is by doing more family activities starting with family bike rides, my daughter when with my step dad for a ride today and the smile on her face was priceless and I know my son was itching to go too, so we are going to go bike hunting :)
We also go on regular weekend family walks with the fur babies but I was thinking we might start doing it more often, I was also thinking I might go back to either Pilate's or belly dancing for something active but fun :)

Any way I must go wash the dishes and fold some washing before I fall asleep on my lap top hehe

But here before I go here is an upto date progress comparison pic from the 8th of August (left) and the 12th October (right)

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment