Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 4 of detox

Lets just say ITS HORRIBLE.....

My head feels like it is going to explode!

Its funny as I thought I hadn't really done alot of damage to my diet because I only allowed a little bit of junk food into my diet, but in reality I have no idea how much I really allowed in because I wasn't tracking it and as much as I would like to think I have good judgment we all know that's a load of ummmm dodo hehe

So lets talk the ugly truth, I allowed foods such as salt and vinegar chips, natural confectionery lollies, McDonald's and pizza OMG they tasted so good at the time but oh boy did they mentally f#$ck with me after, I would feel guilty because I knew that these foods weren't going to get me to where I wanted and that I was having them too often to class them as a flexible meal. Some people might think I am being to hard on myself or too rigid but the truth of the matter is that what you put into your body shapes your body and no amount of exercise or supplementation will change that, yes the occasional cheat meal is fine and yes you should allow yourself that time to enjoy it but if your having them too often then in the end all you are doing is cheating yourself!

Today has been a right shit day but out of it I have learnt that the way I have been eating is detrimental to my health and not only has it affected my waistline but also my energy levels and my level of tolerance to stress. But out of the negative comes the positive, with only 3 days left of this detoxing faze I realise just how important a healthy nutrient dense diet is and how its a life long endeavor not just a 12 week program!

So the next 3 days I am going to spend in my kitchen cooking up a storm, stocking up the cupboard and freezer with Metabolically Precise meals and snacks and making sure that there are no hidden nasties. I am so lucky that my kiddies also love MP so they have MP filled lunch boxes which makes me feel like a super mummy hehe although I do allow them carbs throughout the day where as I am limited to high carb foods in my metabolic window.

Anyway I best get my butt moving, a good sweat session and hot shower will help me to get rid of these headache making toxins :)

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps X

No comments:

Post a Comment