Sunday, March 24, 2013

Catching up

Wow I have been slack, I forgot to post the FitX post and totally haven't updated my training life... So here goes :)

Well after FitX I made a few decisions, I have put on hold my crossfit and anytime fitness memberships and taken up a membership at the YMCA. I am not really a huge fan of the YMCA they messed my man around to the point that he cancelled his membership, they took issue with the way he liked to train, don't think its a very bodybuilder friendly gym but its the only place in town that has a swimming pool and right now swimming is the only way I can train.

So last week I joined up so was able to swim every day, I have noticed some great changes in my ability to swim both improving on my technique but also my lap time! I am liking my new found cardio abilities, my fitness really does feel its on the improve something I really didn't think would happen. I will admit when I pinched my nerve I wasn't the most positive of people when the Dr said that swimming was my only choice of exercise, but I have stuck it out and I am so glad I did :)

Nutrition wise I am feeling that I am eating about 80% on track for metabolic precision, I am eating a variety of yumi healthy foods and the occasional naughty but oh so yumi foods. I have found that if I just focus on eating whole foods and taking out all the processed stuff, I stay on track without it being a chore or complicated. I found a while back that when I was hardcore 'dieting' and I say that because it certainly wasn't a nutrition plan that I could maintain for the rest of my life.... I found that I was consumed by it that I was always thinking about food but this time round I am not, its so much easier!

As for my pinched nerve it is on the improve, lots of massage's, soaking in  Epsom salt baths, yoga and swimming have really helped and I am now able to walk without too much pain and I walk less like a duck hehe. I am now able to take my hound for short walks and take my kiddies to the park which is something I have really missed and if I am totally honest I am a much nicer person now that I am not in pain I am not miserable.

 My tummy is growling so time for me to eat....

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps X

No comments:

Post a Comment