Friday, May 10, 2013

28 weeks and the beginning of a new me

Just under 12 weeks till I get to hold my baby in my arms :)

So what better way to pass the time then start a 12 week challenge, so I have signed up to the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12WBT) I wrote a post about how I felt I was alone and didn't have support so I researched some online programs that would give me that support in the comfort of my own home and the 12WBT seemed to offer me exactly what I was looking for, help with meals and help with pregnancy safe exercise.

The 12WBT offers, daily meal plans, weekly menus and weekly shopping list, there are also options to change meals but I have to say I was very impressed by the variety and ease of each meal in my first weeks menu. I am on higher calories due to being pregnant and this also alters the exercises I can do but doesn't limit me by much which I am really happy about, the exercises are more common sense based and about listening to my body so this makes choosing exercises will be easy and also fun because I can mix it up between the gym and home workouts, which means its super flexible too just like the meals because they are things that I can easily make up at home and then take with me and they look super yumi so no one will be giving me weird looks when I pull out my lunch box hehe.

I have never really been one for online personal training and I am not really a biggest loser fan, I was always under the impression that unless I had someone kicking my butt in person lol but I have also realised that with all the hard work I have done in the past year has set me up so well, not only have I been able to work through the usual aches and pains of pregnancy but also a pinched nerve, I have been able to change things so that I can continue to workout even as my tummy grows. My food has been somewhat good and bad but I lack consistency and as we know consistency is the key to long term changes, even though I am not aiming to lose weight I am aiming to bring back the routine of clean eating like I had before becoming pregnant. Online does give you accountability which is what I am looking for along with support, I do think though you need to be really committed to stick with the program although that's the same with face to face training.

I had my first weigh and measure up... I was gutted to see the scales go up and even though its part of being pregnant its hard to see especially after all the hard work I have put in but the measurements didn't reflect the gains on the scale which made me do a little happy dance (and bubs too hehe) I am 28 weeks and 2 days and the only gains in measurements are my hips and waist and they are only small gains because I am still wearing pre-pregnancy clothing. I am so excited I am nearly at the end and yet I am still really active the only real issue is lack of sleep which does make me a little grumpy but I am still highly motivated and pumped :)

Monday it all begins, I am so excited !!!!

Keep smiling and train HARD peeps X

No comments:

Post a Comment